Saturday, December 31, 2016

Bible Lesson 1/1/17

BIBLE, GOD, CHRISTIAN SCIENCE


God:

Now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not:  for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine (Isaiah 43).

Spirit--Moses advanced a nation to the worship of God in Spirit (Eddy, p. 200, 1906).  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure (Isaiah 46).

infinite--Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth:  for I am God, and there is none else (Isaiah 45).

eternal--I am the Lord, I change not; . . . Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you (Malachi 3; Jeremiah 29).

healer--With God all things are possible (Matthew 19).  The prayer that reforms the sinner and heals the sick is an absolute faith that all things are possible to God (Eddy, 1906, p. 1).

All--Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever.  Amen (I Timothy 1).




References

Eddy, M. B.  (1906).  Science and health with key to the scriptures.  Boston, MA:  The Christian Science Board of Directors.

Holy bible (King James version).  (n. d.).  Boston, MA:  The Christian Science Publishing Society.


No comments:

Post a Comment