Monday, January 18, 2016

Intelligence Alliance

BUSINESS, INTELLIGENCE, POWER, CULTURE


Two young business men making a deal.

Steve Jurvetson is a partner in the venture capital firm DFJ (Draper Fisher Jurveston). Elon Musk is the CEO of the space transport company SpaceX and Tesla Motors. They are men with brains, or a certain type of brain, who have acquired lots of money and power. They represent the silicon culture elite. Combinations and cliques. Groups. Organizations. Corporations. Intelligence alliances. Venture capital. Capital venture. Money power. Culture.

Wealthy, powerful men can afford to support and promote bad ideas. Having one kind of intelligence doesn’t necessarily translate into having other kinds of intelligence. The success of one venture doesn’t guarantee the success of every venture taken by the same intelligence alliance. What happens to the rest of us? What happens to those of us who are not recognized or included in the ruling alliance? What is our value? Who fights for us? What is my place and purpose in a world run by intellectual, political, and financial alliances to which I don’t belong? Is there anything I can do to gain acceptance and participation in the ruling class? Do I want to belong to the ruling class? Is the goal of my little life to rule the world? What do I want to do? What do I want to accomplish with my little life?

We are not all geniuses. We do not all want to be geniuses. We cannot all qualify to belong to an intelligence alliance of geniuses. Intelligence alliances rule the world, but they are neither omniscient nor omnipotent. Can I rule my little corner of the world with my limited intelligence? Do I have the power to rule my own life, even though I will never participate in a ruling alliance? Do I want to be a power broker? No. Do I qualify to be a power broker? No. What can powerless men and women do to have happy, healthy lives?






Photograph of businessmen shaking hands by OPOLJA/Shutterstock.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment